Sunday, June 10, 2007

CHOOSE LIFE - FRANK OGAGBA JR

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deut. 30:19).
I heard at certain times that my father will say, "The person who shuts his spirit away cripples himself in life and becomes an easy prey to selfish and designing people. But the individual who learns to be led by the Spirit of God will rise to the top in life." Something rose up on the inside of me when I heard that, and I thought, "Well, now I know it's my choice!"

You see, God doesn't just choose who will be successful in life. He is no respecter of persons. He doesn't have favorites. He doesn't pick some to receive His blessings and others to miss out. He isn't in a good mood on some days and in a bad mood on other days. He doesn't look at one person and say, "I like you. You get everything I've got" and then look at someone else and say, "I don't know what it is about you. You just bug me. You just rub my fur backwards. You don't get anything."

No! God has no favorites. He loves everyone equally. It is up to us whether or not we rise to the top in life. We are free moral agents. We can live mediocre lives, scraping the bottom of the barrel, or we can rise to the top.

Through His death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus purchased for us "all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (2 Peter 1:3).

The work is already done; it's already purchased and paid for. The benefits belong to us, but we have to choose to partake of them. Will you walk in the blessings of God?

The choice is yours.

So follow God's counsel in Deuteronomy 30:19: "Therefore choose life."

Confession: I choose life, blessing, healing, and health.
I choose to believe the Word of God and rise to the top in life in Jesus Name, Amen!

Frank Ogagba Jr
Ever-increasing Faith Superkids
P. O. Box 87433, Houghton 2041
Johannesburg S. Africa
Mobile: +27 79 228 4928
E-mail: eifsuperkids@yahoo.com

No comments: